Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 1997 08:33:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      William Bulley <web@merit.edu>
To:        handy@sag.space.lockheed.com (Brian N. Handy)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Which Modem PC Card? (was Re: Status:  TP560)

According to Brian N. Handy:

> Well, running the most recent -STABLE additions plus the patch Nate posted
> here, my laptop 'mostly' works.  I can suspend with either my 3C589D or my
> Megahertz XJ4336 installed and it suspends and resumes like it's supposed to.

Sorry for the interruption.  :-)

I tried pricing PCMCIA modem cards and found them to range from $115 US
to nearly $200 for a 28.8/33.3 class card (not 56Kflex/X2 style).  Does
anyone have any suggestions to offer as to which manufacturer and within
a manufacturer which model number is the most cost effective modem card
that is reliable (i.e., works) in a laptop setting?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

web...

--
William Bulley, N8NXN              Senior Systems Research Programmer
Merit Network, Inc.                Email: web@merit.edu

[ What's all this fuss over the end of the century and mission critial ]
[ programs failing due to dates?  If people simply started using Roman ]
[ Numerials, the problem goes away!  MCM = 1900  MIM = 1999  MM = 2000 ]