Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 1995 10:13:18 +0200 (MESZ)
From:      Hinrich Eilts <eilts@late.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de>
To:        amengual@cesca.es (Carles Amengual)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BBS software for FreeBSD

> I plan to put a "bbs" account in a FreeBSD box with a BBS software, so
> that users can log in as BBS users and exchange messages, files, etc,
> without the need for the administrator to add each user. Of course, being
> "bbs" a public account, security would be a critical point.
>
> I looked at some BBS packages for UNIX, but don't really tried, and would
> appreciate advice about which package is better or is more tested. Is
> anyone having a BBS under FreeBSD here ?

Try a look at sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/system/BBs/bbs, there are some
bbs systems for Linux.
If exchanging messages isn't important, you may try ft_bbs-0.4, available
on freebsd.cdrom.com:/pub/FreeBSD/incoming. It has a similar functionallity
as ftp but for modems with easy usage and maximum security.

Hinrich

--
            Hinrich Eilts
 Uni:   eilts@late.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de             | G i b   D O S |