Date:      Sat, 5 Oct 2002 11:18:52 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        larse@ISI.EDU, morganw@chemikals.org, mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com, wollman@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: signal 6 to XFree86 (Re: cvs commit: src/tools/tools...)

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 19:35:59 -0700
Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:

> > >I had one today, they have decreased significantly since removing
> > >the Type1 module from my server configuration.
> >
> > I've also found that disabling xscreensaver/xlockmore helps - or
> > just set it to "blank screen only". (Some of those graphical modules
> > use beziers.)
>
> My XFree86 crashes pretty much every time I turn my back on my PC for
> a few minutes and let xscreensaver kick in.

I don't have a fancy screensaver (blank screen + DPMS), and it even
crashes when I do nothing... I've played some mp3s in a xterm and worked
in the room.... *boom* signal 6.

At the moment I'm running with
http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/sys.diffs, no signal 6 so far but
the system is up only for 50 minutes... as already said in another mail,
sometimes I'm able to work for 1-2 hours without a signal 6, sometimes I
just have to start up my MUA.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
               Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.