Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 2008 14:24:02 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Gabe <nrml@att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: +ipsec_common_input: no key association found for SA

--0-281300904-1230643331=:28465

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008, Gabe wrote:

>> One more thing; if you are comparing SPIs from the log with setkey,
>> you can also run
>> tcpdump -s 0 -vv -ln proto 50
>> and it will show you something like
>>     ... ESP(spi=0x12345678,seq=0x..),
>> so you could as well compare what you receive on the wire with what
>> you get in the log. This would help to eliminiate the case of a
>> promblematic patch.
>
> However I still get the ipsec_common message albeit not as often, it
> appears to only be when I restart racoon now. I also tried matching the
> SPIs but the SPIs given by setkey -Da did not match the ones on the log.

Ok, can you try running the following script and see if the output
times match your racoon restarts or the log entries?

You need to set your interface and the tunnel endpoint IPs (as in box/box2).

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                      The greatest risk is not taking one.
--0-281300904-1230643331=:28465
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--0-281300904-1230643331=:28465--