Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 20:26:46 +0000
From:      Nick Barnes <Nick.Barnes@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD for home security cameras?

My house was burgled just before Christmas.  Next time this happens,
it would be satisfying to present the police with pictures of the
villains in the act of carting off our TV in our wheelbarrow, or
ransacking our CD collection.  I'm thinking a few cheapo cameras,
inside and out, hooked up to a server in an inaccessible spot
(e.g. the attic) or off-site, after I get a cable modem.  I would
prefer FreeBSD on the server.  What's the economic way of building a
system like this?

Nick Barnes