Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2007 22:04:20 -0400
From:      "Tamouh H." <hakmi@rogers.com>
To:        "'Philip M. Gollucci'" <philip@ridecharge.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: recent openssl patch is failing

>=20
> > Anyone have tried the patch and experiencing the same issue ?
> >
> >  =20
> I applied it to 3 6.2-STABLE machines today worked flawlessly.,
>=20
> You are using a /usr/src version that it _is_ supposed to=20
> apply against right?
> Whats the $FreeBSD$ of the file it fails in. it should be
>=20
>  1.1.1.12.6.2 - 1 aka 1.1.1.12.6.1
>=20
>=20

Philip, thanks for the help. I believe to have found the problem.

I didn't apply the older patch: =
http://security.freebsd.org/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-06:23.openssl.asc  =
which made a tiny change to the line  if (len-- =3D=3D 0)  to  if (len-- =
<=3D 0)

Hence, when doing the new update, it failed.=20

I've changed the patch file to recognize the older format and that seems =
to have fixed it.

Best,

Tamouh