Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:41:44 -0400
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
To:        Guy Helmer <ghelmer@palisadesys.com>
Cc:        sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SunFire V100 and dc Ethernet driver

Apparently, On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 10:40:30AM -0500,
	Guy Helmer said words to the effect of;

> A SunFire V100 landed on my desk last week and it's now running FreeBSD
> courtesy of Jake's sparc64 ISO image.  It has two Davicom 9102 Ethernet
> interfaces built in.  From the archives I see that Jake mentioned Soren
> was working on the dc driver.  Is this port something that I can help
> with?  I'm not sure where to start, though.

Soren was working on the dc driver, I haven't heard anything about it
in a while though.  If you'd like to work on converting the driver to
busdma I doubt you will be getting in his way.  I know that at least
openbsd has a dc driver that works on sparc64 and I'm fairly sure that
what they started with is the wpaul driver we have, but I don't know
how much they've diverged; that's a place to start.  The hme and gem
drivers both use busdma, so they are probably good references, but
they weren't converted from non-busdma drivers so there aren't before
and after diffs to look at.

Jake