Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:14:44 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Lars Forsberg <lars@commsoft.se>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Netscape and 24-bit X

I am running Netscape Navigator 4.05 for FreeBSD and that works fine if I
run it under 8-bit color on X-Windows, although I do get some warnings.
But when I run X under 24-bit color the icons for "back", "forward",
"reload", etc. gets black and white. Furthermore, java won't work
(Netscape seems to kill itself and I get "bus error") and for some
homepages I get a strange looking background.

These are the warnings I get when I run Netscape:
/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6.1: minor version
1 older than expected 3, using it anyway
/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6.0: minor version 0
older than expected 3, using it anyway
/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6.1: minor version
1 older than expected 3, using it anyway
/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6.0: minor version 0
older than expected 3, using it anyway

Do I need a newer version of X to solve my problem or do I just have to
update these files? Does this help at all?

/ Lars