Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:50:48 +0400
From:      dima <_pppp@mail.ru>
To:        Kevin Schmidt <kps@ucsb.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bridging vlans w/firewall and selective HTTP redirect?

Would you bother reading cisco tech documentation regarding 802.1x?
http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008022995b.html
It states you can configure guest vlan for non-authentified users; you
can also temporarily disable infected users' accounts.
So, I guess you should only configure your networking hardware & radius
server properly. Also make a common remedy web/ftp server in the guest
vlan (which would contain both 802.1x software and
anti-compromise/infection information).

PS: A PC wouldn't ever give you the traffic/packet rates equal to the
hardware ones; especially at the layer 2. Just use the things in the
tasks they were designed for.