Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:08:58 -0700
From:      "David Smithson" <david@customfilmeffects.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Kirk Strauser" <kirk@strauser.com>
Subject:   Re: how do i stop fsck from autochecking?

Hello.

> While I can understand growing impatient as a large volume is fsck'ed, I'd
> strongly recommend letting it finish.  I mean, it's not doing all that
work
> just to be annoying.  Oh, and as per your other post, please reconsider

I'm not completely green.  The reason I wanted to stop fsck in the first
place was so I could edit /etc/fstab, comment out the mount entry for that
particular array, finish the init sequence which includes another very
critical array, and run fsck manually on the dirty array.  I had no
intentions trying to mount a dirty array.  I just needed to allow access to
one array while checking the other.  Everyone in the motion picture industry
is in such a bloody rush all the time.

> switching (note that I did *not* say "upgrading") to -CURRENT,
particularly
> if that machine is used for anything other than your own spare personal
> workstation.

I understand that the CURRENT tree is separate from the STABLE tree.  I did
not mean to misrepresent my intentions.