Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:35:35 +0100
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        "Jeremy Chadwick" <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lighttpd failing to accept new connections ( connection reset ) / possible kqueue bug

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Chadwick" <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>

> Can you change the polling method in lighttpd to use poll or select
> instead of kqueue?  This would help in determining if the problem is
> with the daemon itself or the kevent system.

Yep already scheduled that change for our London node tomorrow
morning. ATM we are seeing this issue every 1 - 2 days so it may
take a little while before I can answer that question.

I've had a look through the source and I can't see any reason why
kevent would suddenly stop notifying the app that new connections
are present. Event registration appears to only be done once on
app startup and similarly unregisters are only done on shutdown,
so my current thinking is there may be an problem with kqueue
itself.

I don't suppose your aware of any way to query the status of this
in the kernel or app given I have a node in this "hung" state?

    Regards
    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster@multiplay.co.uk.