Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 05:41:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      James Jardine <james@jo-momma.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X won't start

--0-1368367040-997360861=:33375

I just installed FreeBSD 4.4  and I am having trouble initiating the X system.   When I type XINIT I get the following errors:

execve failed for /usr/X11R6/bin/X (errno 2)

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno =2

giving up.

xinit: No such file or directory(errno 2): unable to connect to X server

xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error

I am completely new to a unix environment and I thought i installed everything correctly.  If you could help I would really appreciate it.  Thanks

James

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
--0-1368367040-997360861=:33375

<P>I just installed FreeBSD 4.4&nbsp; and I am having trouble initiating the X system.&nbsp;&nbsp; When I type XINIT I get the following errors:</P>
<P>execve failed for /usr/X11R6/bin/X (errno 2)</P>
<P>_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno =2</P>
<P>giving up.</P>
<P>xinit: No such file or directory(errno 2): unable to connect to X server</P>
<P>xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>I am completely new to a unix environment and I thought i installed everything correctly.&nbsp; If you could help I would really appreciate it.&nbsp; Thanks</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger<BR><a href="http://phonecard.yahoo.com/?.refer=mailtagline">http://phonecard.yahoo.com/</a>;
--0-1368367040-997360861=:33375--