Date:      Sat, 20 Mar 2010 07:58:57 -0400
From:      "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <gaijin.k@ovi.com>
To:        NX_DARK_ONE@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Disabling the thermal zones

On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 21:52 -0700, Adrian Higgs wrote:
> I've got a constant annoyance on my hands, the acpi module keeps forcing my laptop to shutdown due to its thermal limits. Is there any way I can disable the thermal monitor for this module?

It depends on the actual culprit -- temperature values reported by ACPI
are absurd, _CRT value is absurd, fan control is broken, heatsink is not
attached properly to the CPU, etc. You could start out by posting make
and model of your laptop as well as the output for

sysctl hw.acpi.thermal.tzN

for all values of N that exist on your system.

--
Alexandre Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)

Ovi Store: Fresh apps and more
http://store.ovi.com/?cid=ovistore-fw-bac-na-acq-na-ovimail-g0-na-4