Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 1999 10:54:23 -0800
From:      "Robert A Clarks" <raclark@regence.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Good inexpensive 10bT PCI NIC?

I'll be moving my (headless) FreeBSD router/proxy  from dialup to DSL. I'd like
to get suggestions for an inexpensive 10bT PCI NIC for the DSL side of the box.

I'm primarily interested in which NICs have the least brain damage, lowest
latency, strongest driver support, etc.  I typically use the Intel 10/100 stuff,
but can't see putting a 10/100 card on a 10bT only situation.

I'm currently running a PCI sertek 10bT/HUB/NIC for the inside. (Its seen as a
16bit ne2000 card.)

Thanks, [RC]