Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:09:04 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how I have not managed to build wterm

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999 22:11:34 +0100, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:

> Here you see output of make all install of wterm.
> It is missing this particular library PropList.2?

Oooh dear, I've seen _this_ one before!  Just for your referece, you're
having trouble building windowmaker (the window manager), not wterm.

Oh yeah, this was reported in PR 10516 .  'Twas a bitch, and
unfortunately, much of the correspondance isn't on the PR itself (PR
stands for Problem Report, by the way).

My suggestion is to pkg_delete any libPropList that you may have
installed.  You can see whether you have one installed with this
command:

	pkg_info | grep libproplist

If you find one pkg_delete it.

Once you're sure you don't have libPropList installed, install it again
after you've made sure that the version you have in your ports tree is
0.9.1 -- this command will show you that:

	grep ^PKGNAME /usr/ports/devel/libPropList/Makefile

If your port is stale, update your ports tree.  Either way, once you've
got the latest version of the port, install it with ``make install''.

Now go back to WindowMaker and try to build it again, after a ``make
clean''.

Good luck!

Ciao,
Sheldon.