Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:02:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeff Gray <jwg2@cm-24-142-61-17.cableco-op.ispchannel.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: file table full   - consequences and do I have to reboot?

Thanks, but..

$ ulimit -a
cpu time               (seconds, -t)  unlimited
file size           (512-blocks, -f)  unlimited
data seg size           (kbytes, -d)  524288
stack size              (kbytes, -s)  65536
core file size      (512-blocks, -c)  unlimited
max memory size         (kbytes, -m)  unlimited
locked memory           (kbytes, -l)  unlimited
max user processes              (-u)  531
open files                      (-n)  1064

This confuses me as I ran, earlier
  # sysctl -w kern.maxfiles=10000
  kern.maxfiles: 1064 -> 10000

and if I use my standard csh
> sysctl -A |grep files
kern.maxfiles: 10000

How do I use this information to solve this without rebooting?

appreciate the education.

Jeff