Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 1995 04:48:43 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        gary@palmer.demon.co.uk
Cc:        jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pbasic-2.0-950813.tar.gz + pbasic-2.0-950813.src.tar.gz uploaded

Julian, thanks for the port, I took a look, although I haven't
compiled it yet.

 * Err. freebsd.com? Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here? I didn't
 * know we had a ftp.FreeBSD.COM address :-)

Hehe....I guess he meant freefall's LOCAL_PORTS.

By the way, I haven't received an answer to my question, did you
really really really reeeeeeeeeeally have to make a new tarball?
There was no way to transform the original tarball into a
FreeBSD-compilable version using civilized methods?

If the answer to the above questions are "yes", "no", then that's ok
to put it in LOCAL_PORTS, of course.

 * Functionally, it'll work, but I'd prefer things done slightly
 * differently (like a patch to the main makefile to give it an install
 * rule rather than an install rule at the top level, but that's just a
 * personal preference)

I don't really care, if it's a total new target, I prefer it done in
the toplevel Makefile though.  It's easier to see what it's doing.

 * No doubt Satoshi has a word or two on the layout of the makefile :-)

Yeah...well, it's mostly ok.  The excessive comments after MAINTAINER
should go though, that's not what we want our users to read.  Also,
what is ${LOCAL_}?  Can't we just use ${PREFIX}?

Satoshi