Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 11:54:45 -0600 (MDT)
From:      John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu>
To:        J A Shamsi <jashamsi@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: telnet quetsion

I >THINK< it's disabled for root by default, or it should be anyway
:)  Seriously, root cannot login on any terminal that isn't in
/etc/securettys, so just ensure that there's no ttyp's in it.  As far as
enabling it only for a specific user, that sounds like a job for
ACLs/permissions--either make it a group thing or make the target user the
owner and remove permissions as necessary, depending on your needs.

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, J A Shamsi wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to allow telent access for a specific
> user only and want to disable for the root.
>
> does  any one of you has any idea
> what command should I write in inetd.conf
> and how can I disable or allow the root access
> thanks
>
> j/s

Sacred cows make the best burgers

Who is John Galt?  galt@inconnu.isu.edu, that's who!!!