Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:55:18 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Pranav Sawargaonkar <pranav.sawargaonkar@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Saving register values

On 2006-02-23 15:18, Pranav Sawargaonkar <pranav.sawargaonkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to access cpu registers using KLD.How should i do that?
> My aim is to save current registers values on disk.
> Any documentation or code regrading this will also help me.

Are you sure something like this would be useful?  The registers change
so often and have so different values when running in kernel-mode (than
say, when a user process runs), that it would be pretty meaningless to
get their values even if you did manage to obtain them using a tiny,
special assembler function attached to a KLD.