Date:      Thu, 01 Nov 2001 13:49:26 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ru@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Protocol-specific dynamic IPFW rule lifetimes?

On Thu, 01 Nov 2001 13:43:15 +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> I'm happy with the defaults for HTTP, SMTP and others.  However, I'd
> like the dynamic rules used to service SSH, pcAnywhere and Microsoft
> Terminal Services to live _much_ longer.

Just before people shoot the question down, I _do_ know about OpenSSH's
ClientAliveInterval and ClientAliveCountMax.

However, the question is still important for the more general case,
since we can't ensure that every service offered through the firewall
will implement some kind of "keep alive" system.

Ciao,
Sheldon.