Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 00:13:53 GMT
From:      majid@ibroadcast.com
To:        jmutter@ds.net, Tony Johnson <tony@showmaster.com>, "Freebsd-Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Charlie Root

That will not do it. editing /etc/passwd alone will not build your password
database file. Try it, it will not work. you need to use vipw for it to rebuild
your database. Now why an application runs as root is the question? because it
is obviously using the root account for mailing.

Majid Almassari
Systems Administrator.
iBroadcast, Inc.
http://www.ibroadcast.com