Date:      Tue, 03 Oct 2000 16:00:23 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Konstantin Chuguev <Konstantin.Chuguev@dante.org.uk>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hauppage WinTV-USB

Konstantin  wrote:

> Unfortunately, FreeBSD does not seem to support such cards as
> WinTV-USB

> Are there any plans of supporting this card, or is there any
> development?

I'm not aware of anyone working on a driver, but supporting
the WinTV-USB is possible.
Hauppauge have already offered me hardware specs and data
sheets for this product.

I just do not have time to write a driver myself.

However, I see you are volunteering.
Great.

There are two parts to this
first is talking via the USB bus to the hardware.

The second part is implementing the same ioctl interface
as the bktr driver (although that is not compulsory)
and I can help there.

Roger