Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2004 04:06:29 -0000
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        pf4freebsd@freelists.org
Subject:   [pf4freebsd] Re: ALTQ not enabled at boot

--Boundary-02=_Taf1AKmJVbKEELP

On Sunday 20 June 2004 22:32, Mario Doria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem with my pf/altq setup. When booting, it reads its
> rules from /etc/pf.conf (as configured in /etc/rc.conf). This machine is
> working as a NAT/firewall for my home LAN.
>
> After two hours, pfctl -s queue -v shows that no packets have passed from
> any of the queues. But, if at any moment I log in via ssh and do ( sleep 5
> && pfctl -d && pfctl -Fa && pfctl -ef /etc/pf.conf)&, it works and pfctl =
=2Ds
> queue -v reports traffic in the queues.

True ... we must tweak the rc.d scripts a bit to work better with the new p=
f.=20
=46or one thing we must load the ruleset before enabling and for another th=
ing=20
we should move the load before the net interfaces now that we have the new=
=20
interface handling.

I will post some diffs for discussion later.

=2D-=20
Best regards,				| mlaier@freebsd.org
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661
http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/	| mlaier@EFnet