Date:      30 Nov 2002 12:31:28 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Tomas Pluskal <plusik@pohoda.cz>
Cc:        sidcarter@symonds.net, ports@freebsd.org, mozilla@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mozilla-devel startup error

--=-JOKOfN1IDIJryQ+avKFv

On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 07:41, Tomas Pluskal wrote:
> I think this problem might be Xft issue, because my mozilla is affected,
> too, unless I build it with -D WITHOUT_XFT. The warning about "could not
> initalize plugin" is just a warning, it wouldn't core dump.
> On my system mozilla-devel segfaults always when compiled with Xft (and
> yes, I have Xft correctly installed, it works in opera, openoffice etc.)
> I would be happy to help debugging this problem (I would like to see some
> antialiasing in mozilla :)

Make sure you have all the XFree86 fonts packages installed
(specifically the scalable fonts), and you have the following in your
XF86Config:

Section "Module"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "speedo"
EndSection

Other modules are optional.  Also, make sure you have the latest
freetype2 installed (you might also try reinstalling it to be sure
everything is still in tact).  You may also want to try using an English
locale if you're not already.  I know C and en_US.ISO_8859-1 work.

Joe

>=20
> Tomas Pluskal
--=20