Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:46:18 -0400
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "wlw zhang" <wlwzhang@yahoo.com>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Question regarding finding and loading device modules for 3 unknown card device

First FBSD does not work with ms/windows modems.
Winmodems are built just for the win market and are cheap because the
controllers are left off and the controlling function is done by
software you have to install to use the modem.
FBSD only works with internal modems that have onboard controllers.

So open your box and remove the modem card if you do not want to see
the unknown message in the boot log.

While you have the box open eyeball the other cards in the expansion
slots to find out what they are.

Play with the PC's bios turning off functions to see if the other
unknown message goes away to id what they are.

If you are running FBSD 4.6 try  pnpinfo  command.

The bottom line is you can ignore those messages as they will not hurt FBSD.