Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:55:00 -0300
From:      Maicon Stihler <mrkung@gmail.com>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem with GCC search path on FreeBSD5.3 AMD64

> this isn't a gcc problem.
Hm, maybe I used the wrong terms to define the situation. I agree that
its not gcc's fault, its some kind of (mis)configuration issue.

> ldconfig

I used ldconfig to generete te hints file, and then when I do a
"ldconfig -r" all the libs I need appears there... the strange thing
is that if I try to include them in my own programs it doesnt work.

Im using the CFLAGS="-B /usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/include" as a
workaround, but im searching for a more elegant way to solve this
issue.