Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 21:51:24 -0500
From:      Jim Durham <durham@jcdurham.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   3C574  won't work on 4.7-Stable

I bought a 3C574 3COM 16 bit card for my dell 4000 laptop that is listed=20
in the pccard.conf file and is a 16 bit card to replace my D-Link DFE=20
530 (that was needed elsewhere). Here's what I get when I plug it in:

jimslaptop pccardd[65]: driver allocation failed for 3Com(3C574-TX Fast=20
EtherLink PC Card): Device not configured.

I didn't see any references to problems with this card on google=20
searches, etc. I used to see messages like that back in the 4.0 and 4.1=20
days, but it was always interrupts or i/o address conflicts.

Should I be forcing the i/o address by entering it in the pccard.conf
file?

I'm running 4.7-Stable.

Any ideas?

-Jim