Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 22:03:43 +0100
From:      Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands@minmail.net>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@mail.iowna.com>, ceh5 <ceh1@mail.flashmail.com>
Cc:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Apache 1.3 and FreeBSD 4.0/Win2k

On Wednesday 17 January 2001 20:42, Bill Moran wrote:
> ceh5 wrote:
> > I have Apache on a computer (FreeBSD 4.0) which is part of a LAN.  This
> > computer connects to the internet (browser, mail etc., etc.) through ICS
> > on a W2K computer.  All computers on the LAN can connect to the
> > FreeBSD/Apache computer.
> >
> > How do I set up Apache/FreeBSD/LAN/W2k to allow connection from the
> > internet (or computers not on the LAN) to Apache?
>
> Read the docs for W2K, ICS. You'll have to set up static routes if
> you're using RFC-1918 addresses.
> Otherwise, it's just a matter of opening the firewall and setting up
> DNS.
>
> Why not just put the Apache computer right on the net?
>
> -Bill

click start, help, and in the search box, type internet connection sharing,
and follow the instructions, but if I was you I would install freebsd on the
nt box...........ok just kidding. A silly question though, isn't the apache
box already on the internet? You just need it to listen on both
interfaces...see the apache docs for that