Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 19:11:38 -0500
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        brent@kearneys.ca
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org, jfn@enteract.com
Subject:   RE: AMD Athlon and booting

Hey, guys. I went a slightly different route than playing with the numlock key
to get FreeBSD running. The problem seems to really be the -P (probe the
keyboard) boot option, and it setting -D and -h when it doesn't find it. My
"workaround" was to make boot floppies, and edit boot.conf to remove the -P
(or delete the file if there are no other options).

Once done, it just happily boots up and installs. Looks like keyboard probing
may need some work for Athlon processors, so i'm cc'ing this to the hackers
list, so hopefully, some console guru can take a look at it.

Also, if no one has done it so far, let me know, and I'll submit a pr.

	-Brian