Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 19:36:08 +0100
From:      "Robin" <robin@robin.demon.co.uk>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>

I am trying to configure freebsd4.1  and having severe problems when trying
to configure x server it goes through its usual process and then at the end
after it goes into graphics mode all I get is  a blank screen with a big
black bar at the left hand side of the screen that I am able to move along
by pressing tab?
the screen just stays at this until I do ctrl,alt,and backspace and have to
configure it all over again.

Can you suggest way I can solve this?

Thanks

Robin Gray