Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 1998 02:26:32 +0000
From:      Donn Miller <dmm125@bellatlantic.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Running Linux X server on FreeBSD

Hi

Does anyone know if I can run an XServer compiled for Linux on FreeBSD
2.2.7?  The reason is that there is an XServer for Linux that is not
available for my video chipset (SiS 5597).  I tried it, but it said
something about ioctl not implemented, and it was also looking for
/etc/ttyX instead of /etc/ttyvX.  I tried symlinking but that didn't
work.

If anyone's got experience doing this let me know.

Thx

Donn