Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:44:11 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape Corp

At 06:09 PM 11/23/98 +1030, Greg Lehey wrote:
>On Monday, 23 November 1998 at  1:04:45 -0500, Drew Baxter wrote:
>> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/bs/story.html?s=v/nm/19981123/bs/netsca
>> pe_5.html
>
>Please don't break URLs like this.  It makes it impossible to
>automatically select the page.
>
>> This doesn't directly affect FreeBSD.. But Netscape is in talks for AOL to
>> buy them.. I find that weird since AOL contracted Internet Explorer as
>> their integrated web browser.
>>
>> But anyway, I'm scared, don't know bout you guys.
>
>I don't know why you should be shared.  If you read this article
>carefully, it implies that AOL will *stop* using Internet Exploder.
>Sun seems to be involved too.  It looks like it's Microsoft who should
>be scared.
>
>For more information on the subject, see
>http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/bs/story.html?s=v/nm/19981123/bs/inter
netaol_1.html.

>Greg

I would imagine the mail client broke it, not me.  I can see a good 132
columns here.

Microsoft should be.  But it seems like AOL is making their own little
monopoly.  While I respect this method more than Microsoft's (Lets buy into
something that has little to do with what we do (Online Services, for
instance)), I still don't have to like it..  First ICQ, now Netscape, I'm
curious whats next. Also I don't want to see AOL intermeshed and woven into
the Netscape package, which it already includes AOL Instant Messenger
(which you cannot pick to not install) with the Win32 installations.

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange, Bangor Maine USA
http://www.droo.orland.me.us