Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:55:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2 ports broken after gcc import

> Bizarre.  I use ACLs in my kernel daily, and I use nmap almost daily,
> and haven't seen this.  If you re-add ACLs with a fresh kernel build,
> does the problem come back?  Could you look at ktraces of nmap with and
> without ACLs and see what causes it?  Do you have ACLs enabled on any
> file systems, or are you just running with the kernel option?

I was running with just the kernel option, and nothing configured for it.
I can't think of what else the problem could be, when I recompiled the
kernel it just started working again, it might not have anything at all to
do with ACL's and more to do with the fact that I just recompiled it. One
of my other -CURRENT machines is working now as well after a recompile.
I'll do more testing to see if I can pinpoint the problem and I'll
probably have results by Tuesday (holiday weekend :-P )

Ken