Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 17:29:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Andrew C. Ohnstad" <andy@andysaudio.com>
To:        Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
Cc:        Joe Pepin <joe_pepin@ins.com>, newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: since it's a newbies list, here goes....

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999, Doug Young wrote:

> well, the authors invariably state that it virtually doubles the load on the
> machine, which at least
> sounds logical since you are effectively running two operating systems at
> once. If one doesn't
> mind stuff taking forever to happen then its not a problem .... however I
> don't know that emulators
> are necessarily the solution for constant use ...... occasional
> experimenting / development work
> is another issue entirely of course

Actually, VMWare works very well with little or no degregation... In fact
this message comes from Vmware running Linux over NT...

I use this setup every day at work.  There are a couple custom
applications that I need for work that only exist on Windoze.  But i spend
90 % of my time in a fullscreen VMWare/Linux session.

:)

=-=Andrew