Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 02:44:39 -0800
From:      Alex Teslik <alex@acatysmoof.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Alex Teslik <alex@gouda.acatysmoof.com>
Subject:   Brooktree BT878 and ffmpeg / fxtv

Hello,

    I have a Osprey card with a brooktree 878 chipset in it. I can use fxtv when I set it on "video" mode in the dropdown menu in X. For my life I cannot get ffmpeg to work to see this card. ffmpeg says there is a -vd option for device specific assignment (I wanted to use bktr0, or tuner0, or video0), but the option doesn't work. Is anyone successfully using ffmpeg with a brooktree 878 chipset? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks,
Alex

P.S.- FBSD4.4R