Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 1995 12:21:57 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Porters: Please shorten your "one line comments" a little if you can!

> Well, when is the release date? :)

Probably too soon to rebuild all the packages.  See below.

> I'd rather hand-edit the INDEX file for the release, and leave this as
> a "post-2.1" item....

Why hand-edit it?  Just make the pkg/COMMENT changes I suggested and
then run another `make index' from the top.  That way you've at least
preserved your investment in proper comments for the future and you
make myself and John Fieber happy.  re-Making the index doesn't take
anywhere near as much time as remaking all the packages.. :-)

> P.S. I'm assuming you're reading the INDEX file, not the +COMMENT file
>      in the package itself....

Indeed!

					Jordan