Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 22:36:06 +0100 (CET)
From:      Rainer Duffner <duffner@fh-konstanz.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   lnc sort-a-works, pcn not

Hi,

I have a strange problem here:
I can't get the network working with the pcn-driver.
The card itself gets detected and gets an IP-address assigned.
The media-status is 'active' and I can ping its stack -
but I can't ping outside.
I can get this to work with the lnc-driver, but it always
complains about SQE-test failed, resulting in silly
"last message repeated 17342 times" entries in dmesg, and on the
console.
The card works fine with linux 2.2.16.

The card itself is a strange SCSI-NIC-combo, came with and still is, in
my HP KAYAK XW. The SCSI-Chip is a symbios.

any ideas ?

cheers,
Rainer
 Rainer Duffner , Konstanz, Germany