Date:      Sun, 21 Jul 2002 12:22:10 -0400
From:      "Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        ac199@freenet.hamilton.on.ca
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   uudeview port: plans to update?

Tim--

The current uudeview port is at version 5.13, whereas the current version of
uudeview is 5.18.  Are there plans to update this port?  Since this program
builds easily from source anyway, it's not a major problem for me (I've
already deinstalled the port and installed it the old-fashioned way) but
since more recent versions of uudeview integrate support for yenc it would be
nice for everybody else to get the same benefit.

I'd be happy to help in any way that would be useful.

Also, the porting-comments explain that:

| This was originally one distribution for UUdeview, but I have broken
| it up into ``libuu', ``uudeview'', and ``xdeview'', hopefully making
| it cleaner and more useful.

I see ports for "uudeview" and "xdeview" but not for "libuu" so I find this
comment a little confusing.

(Not that I really need to know this unless you want to take me up on my offer
to help.)

                                        http://www.babbleon.org

http://www.eff.org                      http://www.programming-freedom.org