Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 12:23:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        "Gessner, Matt" <mattg@aiinet.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XICQ

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Gessner, Matt wrote:

> Has anyone been able to get this to work???
> I get a core dump when it happens, from free() (address too high to make
> sense).

	Apologies...my system has been in a state of dis-repair for the
past few weeks, and I haven't been able to get the upgrade to that port
yet.

	The problem you are seeing, as I recall it, is that you have no
config files, which the current port wasn't smart enough to tell you.  The
newest version of XICQ does have modifications so that it at least tells
you what you are missing before it exits cleanly...

	I will try and get it upgraded this coming weekend...