Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:32:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      User LAFFER1 <laffer1@adsl-68-76-19-75.dsl.klmzmi.ameritech.net>
To:        freebsd@stateautomation.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTP server will not initiate DATA connection back to client

Does it work with ipfw disabled?  If so, then it seems resonable that ipfw
is causing the problem.  One of the ftp modes (pasv or port) requires high
level ports to be accessible on the server.  I just started drinking
coffee this moring, so i can't remember which one yet. :)

If i remember right, the default ftpd is influenced by hosts.allow and
hosts.deny too.