Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 1997 21:54:27 -0600
From:      Mike Allison <mallison@konnections.com>
To:        Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>, "'Wes Peters'" <softweyr@xmission.com>
Cc:        "chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Digital, Intel, Silicon Graphics (fwd)

Which is why Robert Reich correctly observed that it's no longer what the corporation puts into the box the counts but rather the centers of knowledge and intuition.  I might add to that passion.  I've just seen so much lack of passion.  Remind me of Mickey Roarke in Year of the Dragon when someone complains that he "Cares too much".  He replied "How can you care too much...?"

I wonder that myself, but I see so much apathy at every level.  You think it's hard working with coworkers or subordinates that don't care, try a boss, or a CEO.  It's hard to stay excited when you work on an eath shattering project for a week of sleepless nights only to receive a limp 'huh' in response....

Mike Allison