Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 1996 00:18:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        hmmm@alaska.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ps

In localhost.freebsd.questions you write:

>is there a text mode .ps reader ?

>i checked all the search engines and other things,
>but can't find too much on PostScript.

There are a number of tools that can extract the text from postscript.
The best one is one from Digital--it's a research tool, and free for
most (all?) uses.

Go to http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/ for information on it as pstotext.

Unfortunately, it is nothing near WYSIWYG.  You get the text of the
document, sometimes in improper order.  However, I'll tell you that my
experience is that it is an order of magnitude better than the other
postscript to text converters.

bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/