Date:      Sat, 27 Feb 1999 16:30:14 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Stephane Legrand <Stephane.Legrand@wanadoo.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: donating money to the FreeBSD project

> Is there any plan to keep inform the FreeBSD community of the sum of
> donations and of how they are used ?

As long as you don't make me itemize the receipts for every ethernet
cable purchased, I wouldn't object to putting some summary information
up.  The bulk of what's donated still goes into "lots and lots of
small bits", e.g. ethernet cards, CDR drives, quickcams, sound cards,
etc. and it's difficult to itemize.  We basically just buy whatever PC
bits various motivated developers ask for, within reason, and ship it
off.  What's not spent on that goes to pay for things like artwork or
occasional bits of custom programming (still looking for someone
willing (and capable) to take on the egcs compiler upgrade, BTW :) or
just sits in the bank waiting for an appropriate use to come along.

- Jordan