Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:22:19 -0700
From:      bmah@cisco.com (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        "Kelly D. Lucas" <kellyl@valicert.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dell Dimension XPS T500

If memory serves me right, "Kelly D. Lucas" wrote:
> I broke out a spare Dell Dimension XPS T500 today, and decided to throw
> FreeBSD 3.4 on it.  It has the following major components:

I have a Dell XPS T500 (PIII-500, 256MB RAM, Mach64 display card,
IBM-DJNA-372200 and an unknown IDE CD-ROM drive, 3Com 3c905B-TX) sitting
under my desk right now, running 4.1-STABLE (upgraded from a 4.0-RELEASE
install from CD-ROM).  While I didn't see the install-time problem you
did, I've noticed an odd interaction with the KVM switch I'm using
(Belkin OmniCube 4-Port). The Dell is extremely reluctant to reboot
unless I've put the KVM switch to the port it's attached to.

I'm pretty convinced this is not a FreeBSD-specific problem I'm seeing,
and it's a scratch box anyways, but I thought I'd just toss out this
data point.

Bruce.