Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:22:17 +0200
From:      Michal Kulczewski <kulka@man.poznan.pl>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        lioux@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   multimedia/gstreamer80 - libxml2 issue

Hi there,

when libxml2 is compiled with thread support,
the configure script of gstreamer80 fails because the
pkg-config --libs
does not attach pthread library in the result.
The config.log states:

configure:26310: cc -o conftest -O2 -pipe -march=pentium4m
-I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include  -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c  -L/usr/local/lib
-lxml2   >&5
/usr/local/lib/libxml2.so: undefined reference to `pthread_equal'

Maybe one should consider using the xml2-config script (that is
shipped with libxml2 installation) that returns cflags and
libs appropriatly (including the pthread library) rather than
using the pkg-config

Regards,
  Michal