Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:04:46 +0200
From:      Yann Berthier <yb@sainte-barbe.org>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Administrivia: Discussion - Making this list subscriber-only

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> <<On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:44:11 +0100, Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za> said:
>
> > This is _not_ a questions list. This is a discussions list. If you have
> > a one-off question, there are places to ask it. If you wish to discuss,
> > then there is no problem with subscribing, no?
>
> Yes.
>
> The address under which I'm subscribed is not necessarily the same as
> the one(s) under which I post.

   Sorry to sound dump, but what is the problem with setting the "From:"
   with your favorite mua when the case arise ? We all do this all the
   time to cope with several addresses and a lot of technical
   subscribers_only list.

   Mark Murray is trying to sanitize the -security list, which is a
   laudable goal, so having to add a send-hook or whatever doesn't look
   like very costly to help reaching this goal, no ?