Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 18:49:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      George Bonser <grep@shorelink.com>
To:        Nate <publisher@laptop.ompages.com>
Cc:        Roger Rabbit <spiffer@eclipse.net>, questions@freebsd.org, debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject:   Re: FreeLinux (Debian/GNU BSD)

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Nate wrote:

> There is a new app.  It's aptly called 'apt'.  Now the command
> 'apt-get install <package>' will download precompiled applications
> + dependencies from debian servers.  Then 'dpkg -r <package>'
> deletes it.  It is quite easy.

There is also apt-find which is an ncurses package navigator but not quite
as handy as dselect (does not show package description on the same screen,
you must go to information screen separately. I liked that feature because
I could navigate and watch package descriptions rather than names) and
there is gnome-apt which is a navigator for X. The latest apt-find appears
to work well enough as of last night. I have not used gnome-apt yet.