Date:      Sun, 31 Aug 1997 20:17:46 0700
From:      Sunthiti Patchararungruang <stt@pluto.cpe.ku.ac.th>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Where can I find the information about BPF

| raw e-mail | index | archive | help
Dear Sir,

     I am a master student of Asian Institute of Technology.
I do my thesis on a FreeBSD system. My thesis is in the topic
of computer network. I need to access the BPF device. I have
found that the information about it is very rarely available.
I can found a paper about BPF implementation in
"ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov" and a demo-program, tcpdump, which is
implement the BPF only in reading from it. However, I need to
write a complete IP packets-already have headers and options-
to a specified network interface without minding about the interface
topology. Someone in FreeBSD.org advised me to use the BPF.
Therefore, I need to know where I can get the information about
it. I can accept all source of information including text books.

    Thank you for reading my mail. I am looking forward to
hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
 Sunthiti                          mailto:stt@pluto.cpe.ku.ac.th