Date:      Sun, 30 Sep 2001 15:13:30 -0700
From:      george <george@vagner.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   one way ping?

here is my question, I have 4 pc's connected to a hub with 192.168.0.x
addresses, one machine .4 does nat for the others and all can browse the
internet via the .4 machine ok but I have recently installed a laptop with
a pccard (linksys pcmpc100 V2) in it and i am also able to browse the internet
with it or ping any machine on the internal net but no machine can ping the
laptop from the internal net.

i have enabled firewall support on the laptop and rebuilt the kernel etc
and have opened the firewall up with "ipfw flush" and also tried
ipfw add 65000 allow ip from any to any
but still seem to have a one way connection from this machine

the machine is a 4.4-stable as of 3 days ago

I can see the pings going to the laptop but nothing coming out.
also i cannot access any services on the laptop external to it.

the machine is an old thinkpad 760xd ,30gb hdd, linksys ethernet card

any help on this wierd one?  I been doing this for a few years now
and never had this kind of problem.