Date:      Fri, 3 Sep 2021 10:56:20 -0400
From:      Shawn Webb <shawn.webb@hardenedbsd.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Call for participation

--gmf2hcmtcd5cfttf

On Thu, Sep 02, 2021 at 08:43:21AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> Greetings,
>=20
> As teased on twitter, now that summer is over, it's a good time to start
> working on the next steps with git. When we moved to git, we knew a number
> of things would come in phase 2 since phase 1 was limited to moving away
> from subversion and to git.
>=20
> Now's the time for phase 2. The deferred items included better CI
> pipelines, better integration with popular hosting sites like github and
> gitlab, a look at the tools we have today and how they fit together, and a
> bunch of other items that were less well defined. I've spent the last
> several months looking at the different practices in open source,
> looking at our tools, etc. We have bits and pieces of many of these items,
> but are missing some glue between what we have. Other areas need more
> extensive work.
>=20
> To coordinate this work, I'll be leading a team to look at what we can do
> in the short term, the medium term and where we think we want to be in the
> long term. I plan on having bi-weekly meetings to discuss different issues
> that come up, to coordinate work and experiments and to give some structu=
re
> to encouragement for progress to be made.
>=20
> This will be a collaborative effort between the developers and the user
> community that contributes patches to any part of FreeBSD (the base, ports
> and docs). If you are interested in participating, please drop me a line.
> We'll have a core office hours to talk about this soon, and I'd like to
> start discussions with those that are interested before hand, as well as
> invite people to participate in the office hours. After that, we'll have a
> kick off meeting that's open to everybody who can respectfully contribute.
>=20
> Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hey Warner,

I'd be happy to talk about HardenedBSD's switch from GitHub to Gitea
and finally to GitLab. We had a lot of troubles with Gitea and ended
up with GitLab.

When are you thinking of holding that meeting?

Thanks,

--=20
Shawn Webb
Cofounder / Security Engineer
HardenedBSD

https://git.hardenedbsd.org/hardenedbsd/pubkeys/-/raw/master/Shawn_Webb/03A=
4CBEBB82EA5A67D9F3853FF2E67A277F8E1FA.pub.asc

--gmf2hcmtcd5cfttf

--gmf2hcmtcd5cfttf--